Have I mentioned how much I love fall? I am sure I have because it’s my absolutely favorite season. I didn’t always like it though. When I lived in Poland it used to be my least favorite season, probably because I lived in a big city and autumn in a city is usually gloomy, grey and rather ugly. However, once I moved to Michigan, it all changed for me and now, every year, I look forward to the beginning of fall.
In today’s post I am going to show you a makeup look, that’s great for fall and that’s inspired by the colors of the season.
- Urban Decay De-Slick Oil- Control Makeup Setting Spray- used as a primer. I love using it as a primer, and not just as a finish spray, I noticed it makes my foundation last longer and it provides a nice matte finish to my skin.
- Laura Mercier Smooth Finish Fluide in Creme. I received a sample of this foundation at Sephora and I am in love!
- itCosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination in Light, applied with a ColorMe powder sponge.
- Mac Cosmetics Powder Blush in Taupe for contouring.
- Nars Cosmetics blush in Luster. Luster is described as “sheer golden apricot”, it looks a little brown on my skin but I love the golden sheen it adds to my cheeks.
- Hourglass Lighting Ambient Palette, Incadescent Light used for highlighting the top of my cheeks.
- Nars Pro Prime Smudgeproof Eyeshadow Base
- Mac Cosmetics Paint Pot in Let’s Skate, which is described as “pale pink”. I got it a few years ago when it first launched as a LE and I have loved it since. I applied it underneath my eyebrow and all over the lid. It shows up on the eyes as the most beautiful iridescent shimmery pale pink.
- Bare Minerals Ready Eyeshadow 4.0 in The Next Big Thing. I used a true gold shade in Hoopla all over the movable part of my lid, blending it into the crease and to my lower eyelid, along the lower lashes.
- Inglot Freedom System Eyeshadow in 452, which is a burgundy red and I talked about it in my Five for Fall post. Using a small crease brush, I applied it into my crease and to the outer 1/3 of my eyelid and also to the outer 1/3 on my lower eyelid.
- Loreal Infallible Gel Lacquer Liner in Espresso applied to my waterlines. You know I don’t go anywhere without this eyeliner.
- BUXOM Lash Waterproof Mascara in Blackest Black. It’s a new purchase for me but I am extremely happy with it, it makes my lashes a mile long!
- Nars Cosmetics Audacious Lipstick in Anna, which Nars describes as a “smokey rose”. The shade is stunning, the formula is flawless. A full review coming up soon!
- Zoya Nail Polish in Genevieve, which is a beautiful steel grey shade from their Fall Entice Collection.
Thank you for reading and, as always, I am looking forward to chatting with you in the comments below.
the founder and editor of Her and Makeup.