I cannot believe that Christmas is next week already! Only 6 more days left and still so much to do. Like buy last minute gifts, send last Christmas cards, plan a Christmas makeup look. If you still haven’t decided what look to create, I hope this post will bring you some inspiration.
When I think of Holiday makeup I think classic shades- gold and red. And a lot of sparkle. I went with gold and shimmery bronze shades for my eyes, pink cheeks and classic red lips. I recently wore this look to my husband’s work Christmas party.
Below you can see a list of products I used to create this look.
- Laura Mercier Radiance Foundation Primer
1. Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet Foundation in #20 Beige
2. itCosmetics Celebration Illumination Foundation used as a powder (shade Light)
3. Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla applied under my eyes to hide dark circles and brighten up the undereye area
4. YSL Touche Eclat in 2.0 applied under my eyes and along the bridge of my nose
5. Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in Taupe
6. Lorac Behind The Scenes Eye Primer
7. L’oreal Paris Infallible 24 HR Eyeshadow in Gold Imperial applied above my brow bone and all the way down to the crease
8. L’oreal Paris Infallible 25 HR Eyeshadow in Amber Rush applied with a damp brush all over the mobile part of my eyelid
9. Urban Decay Naked 2 Basics palette- shade Primal applied in the crease and blended out as well as on my lower eyelid
10.Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye liner in Corrupt applied along my lashline
11. Buxom Lash Waterproof mascara
12. Mac Cosmetics Powder Blush in Taupe used for contouring
- Urban Decay Blush from Naked on the Run palette (not pictured)
13. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Pearl applied to the top of my cheekbones, above my eyebrows and to my temples, blended in with my fingers
14. NYX Lip Liner in Plush Red
15. Mac Cosmetics Lipglass in Clear Water to add some sparkle and glossiness to my lips
- Zoya Matte Velvet Lacquer in Posh, which is the most gorgeous red matte shade that’s incredibly easy to apply, looks very elegant. I love it so much that I have worn in two weeks in a row (which never happens for me)
What do you think of my Holiday look? Is it something you’d wear? What makeup are you planning to wear to a Christmas dinner or any other Christmas parties you’re going to attend?
the founder and editor of Her and Makeup.