Last Friday was my friends’ Sarah and John’s big day. After almost 11 years of dating they finally said “I do” and I was honored to be part of their special day and to be included in their wedding party. The ceremony and the reception were absolutely beautiful and everything turned out exactly how they wanted.
I love weddings, mostly because it’s a great feeling to see two people who love each other join their lives together but also because I love getting all glammed, getting my hair done and doing my makeup with more attention to detail than normal. As most of you know, my Sephora makeover gave me some inspiration on how to do my makeup for the wedding. The look I created wasn’t 100% the same but I was really happy with the way it turned out.
- Smashbox Photo Finish Pore Minimazing Foundation Primer applied to my T-zone
- Laura Mercier “Radiance” Foundation Primer
- Chanel Perfection Lumiere Velvet Foundation
- itCosmetics Celebration Foundation Illumination used as a finishing powder
- itCosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye Anti-Aging Concealer
- Urban Decay All Nighter makeup setting spray
- Mac Cosmetics Powder Blush in Taupe for contouring
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush in Luminous Flush
- Becca Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector Spotlight in Opal for highlighting
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Original
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Powder Duo in Taupe to fill in my brows
- Lorac Pro 2 Palette- shade Snow applied underneath my eyebrows
- Nars Dual Intensity Eyeshadow in Phoebie all over my eyelid and to my lower eyelid
- Urban Decay Glinda palette- Oz silver shade applied to my crease and in the inner corner of my eye and to my lower eyelid
- Urban Decay Glida palette South shade- applied to the outer corners of my eyes and gently blended into the crease
- Kat Von D Tattoo Eyeliner
- Smashbox Cosmetics Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Liner in Prune in my waterlines
- Buxom Lash Waterproof Mascara
- Nars Lipstick in Shrinagar
As far as my hair, after hours of browsing Pintrest, I found a hairdo I really loved and I asked my hair stylist to recreate it and she did a fantastic job. The hair comb is from Charming Charlie. (You might also notice I am blonde again!)
As a bonus, I give you a sneak peak of all the bridesmaids right after the ceremony.
What do you think of my look? Do you like going to weddings? Do you usually do your own hair and makeup or do you get it done by someone else?
the founder and editor of Her and Makeup.