With Christmas only a little bit over a week away you might be still searching for some great gift ideas for your loved ones- your mom, your sister, your friend, your wife or your daughter. That’s why I created a Holiday Gift Guide with some last minute ideas consisting of products that I love, tested and can’t live without. The guide is divided into three different price categories. We have stocking stuffers for less than $10, gifts under $25 and more expensive gifts for over $50. Let’s jump right in!
1. L’oreal Infallible 24 HR eyeshadows ($7.99)- a combination of a cream and powder eyeshadow, with beautiful pigmentation and a lot of sparkle that provides a beautiful velvety finish and a long lasting formula. It can be applied dry for a subtle look or with a damp brush for a more bold, metallic look. My personal favorites: Eternal Sunshine– a beautiful yellow gold shade and Amber Rush– a golden bronze shade. Both are perfect for creating a sparkly holiday or New Year’s Eve look. L’oreal Infallible 24 HR eyeshadows can be found at any drugstore or Ulta stores.
2. Zoya Nail Polishes ($9.00)- one of my favorite nail polish brands offering a huge selection of shades with different finishes and textures, from rich creams, shiny metallics, texturized glitters to beautiful matte finishes. My current favorite is a Matte Velvet formula in Posh- a beautiful red that’s just perfect for a Christmas dinner with a unique matte formula. Zoya polishes can be found online at zoya.com or at your local Ulta store.
3. Real Technique brushes ($5.99-$9.99)- hands down the best affordable synthetic makeup brushes available on the market that I use every day. My favorite ones include a Shading Brush (5.99) for applying eyeshadows, a Powder Brush ($9.99) for applying pressed or loose powders and a Setting Brush ($7.99) that can be used to apply a highlighter, bronzer or setting a powder product.
Gifts Under $25:
1. Too Faced Bronzer Wardrobe Collection($22.00)- a set of 4 mini size bronzers that comes with a small kabuki brush, offering both matte and shimmer finishes. My full review can be found here. You can find it at Sephora stores and at Sephora inside JC Penney.
2. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Spotlights ($25.00)- a trio of beautiful liquid highlighters that are easy to use and are a perfect way to add some light and dimension to your face. The set can be found at Sephora and Ulta stores. For more details, please read my review.
3. Mac Cosmetics Single Eye Shadows ($16.00)- a cult favorite, long wearing powder shadow formula with beautiful pigmentation and all day wear. The shade choice is up to you if you know your loved one well and know what colors she likes. If you don’t want to take a risk, go with one of the neutrals that look flattering on any skin tone such as Sable, Woodwinked, All That Glitters and Saddle.
Gifts Over $50:
1. Urban Decay Naked palettes– The Naked line from Urban Decay has quickly become a favorite among all beauty lovers and I consider them the best palettes on the market. The Original Naked palette ($54.00) is a perfect selection of 12 neutral eyeshadows that will look great on anyone. The formula is flawless, the shadows are extremely pigmented and last all day. The palette comes with a deluxe sample of an Urban Decay Primer Potion (an eyeshadow primer) and a dual ended brush.
UD Naked 3 palette ($54.00) is better suited for women and girls liking rose-hued tones, perfect for someone who already has a lot of neutral browns and beiges. It also comes with a small tube of an eyeshadow primer and a dual ended brush. Both palettes can be found at Ulta and Sephora and select Macy’s stores.
2. Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette ($58.00)- a beautiful collection of three light diffusing powders, enhancing the look of the skin that blurs skin imperfections. It includes three shades: Dim Light– that can be used as an all over powder that sets in your makeup and provides a flawless, airbrushed finish, Incadescent Light– a pearl powder perfect for highlighting and Radiant Light– a golden bronze shade that works great as a bronzing powder or a blush for adding some warmth into one’s face. It is a truly luxurious gift, it comes in a beautiful packaging and is one of my must have products. I reviewed it in full here. It can be found at Ulta and Sephora stores.
3. Clarisonic Mia 2 Skin Care Cleansing System ($99-149.00)- it’s a battery operated brush with a pulsating head that uses sonic technology to cleanse your skin in just 60 seconds. It’s a great way to remove makeup and cleanse skin from any impurities. I have used it for over 3 years and it’s made a huge difference in the way my skin looks. It comes in a number of cute shades and is a perfect gift for anyone, at any age. If you’d like to see it in action, you can watch my Skincare Routine video here. Clarisonic Mia 2 System can be found at Ulta, Sephora, Macy’s and Nordstrom (plus a really large number of other retailers).
I hope my choices helped you a little bit and if you’re still doing some last minute shopping you can use this gift guide to find a perfect present for your loved one. If you have any questions about any of the products mentioned, if you’re not sure what shade to pick, please do ask and I will be happy to help! Happy shopping!
Do you have any other beauty gift ideas that you’d like to share? What’s on your wishlist this year? Have you finished your Christmas shopping?
the founder and editor of Her and Makeup.