Being a beauty blogger, I often get tempted to buy new products based off reading other blogs. And I read a lot of them. If a recommendation comes from Karen (Makeup and Beauty Blog) I know, it’s going to be good. That’s how I got sucked into buying two cute tubes of NYX Intense Butter Glosses. They looked so good on her that I had to try them for myself.
Let me tell you all about them.
1. They come in 12 juicy colors and retail for only $6. (I purchased mine at Ulta during a B1G1/2 sale- score!). I picked two shades- a nude Tres Leches and a vibrant hot pink in Funnel Delight.
2. They have excellent pigmentation and even the nude shades cover your lips in just one swipe. They come in a small tube with a flat sponge applicator. The outside of the tube is the actual color of the gloss- very handy for people like me who carry 10 lip products in their bag and can never find the shade they are looking for.
3. They are very comfortable on the lips, glossy and smooth (hence they are called butters) and they don’t settle into the lip lines. They are slightly sticky but not tacky.
4. Once you apply the gloss to your lips, you need to wait about a minute for the gloss to dry. Once it does, it’s not going anywhere for even 4 hours and it wears off rather evenly. If you’re sipping on your favorite beverage while wearing the NYX Intense Butter Gloss, it will transfer a little bit onto the glass though.
5. They have quite a distinct sweet scent to them which reminds me of a cupcake frosting. Once you apply the gloss to your lips, the scent is gone though.
6. They are highly addictive. If you buy just one shade, you will definitely want another one. And another one. They are that good! And they can easily compete with high end glosses like Chanel! For $6 and with the excellent pigmentation and a long lasing formula they absolutely deserve a spot in every woman’s makeup bag.
To finish off, check them out in action- aka on my lips. While Tres Leches is a lovely everyday nude shade, I have to say Funnel Delight absolutely stole my heart. It’s a perfect hot pink shade, it’s very vibrant and compliments a lot of looks.
What do you think of the NYX Intense Butter Glosses? Have you tried any of them? Do you like any other NYX lip products? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below!
the founder and editor of Her and Makeup.