Anyone else is over the summer already? I know I am. Since fall is my favorite season of all, I am really awaiting the temperatures to cool down, the trees to start changing leaves so I can slip into cozy sweaters, boots and wrap a soft scarf around my neck. With the start of autumn I usually start wearing darker colors in my makeup and transition from bright coral and pink lipsticks into purples and berries.
However, since fall is not officially here yet (as much as I want it to be), I wanted to create a makeup look that would transition easily from the summer to fall. I pulled out my almost forgotten Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette and using cooler pink and purple shades created today’s look. And I have been wearing it almost every day, not only because I like the shades so much but also because I remember now why Naked 3 is my favorite Naked palette. The shades work together extremely well and they blend so easily!
1. I started by prepping my eyelids with Lorac Behind The Scenes eye primer.
3. Using a flat shadow brush I applied the shade Buzz all over my eyelid blending it into my crease.
4. Using a shader brush I applied the dark purple shade Blackheart into the crease and into outer V of my eyelid.
5. Using a fluffy eyeshadow brush I blended matte cool pink shade Lace into my crease softening up the look and evening out the edges.
6. Next using a brownish-purple shade in Darkside I darkended the outer corners of my eyelids.
7. My favorite step that adds a perfect finishing touch to this look- using a wetted eyeliner brush I wing lined my eyes with Blackheart again. Applying this shadow wet brings out the shimmer and makes the eyelashes look longer.
8. Next I applied 2 coats of black mascara. I used Maybelline Volum’ Express The Falsies waterproof mascara.
9. To finish off the eye look I filled in my brows using Anastasia’s Beverly Hills Brow Whiz in Taupe and set it in with a clear eyebrow gel Control Freak from NYX Cosmetics.
Since this makeup look is a transitional one between two seasons, I kept the eyes cool but I still wanted to add some summer warmth to my face so I opted for soft contouring using Mac Powder Blush in Taupe and I used a warm peachy brown Cream Puff Blush from Max Factor in the shade 10 Nude Mauve (thank you Anne!). The glow finish on my cheekbones is brought to you by my favorite Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal.
Last, but not least, the lips. I went back to my last year’s favorite fall lipstick- Nars Audacious in Anna, which is an absolutely perfect purplish rose shade that, in my opinion, compliments the eye look perfectly.
1. Mac Cosmetics Prep+Prime Skin Visage.
2. Mac Cosmetics Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation in NW20.
3. Sephora Collection Bright Future Gel Serum Concealer in 02 Meringue applied under my eyes.
4. Urban Decay Ultra Definition Loose Finishing Powder in Naked Medium Light.
5. Mac Cosmetics Powder Blush in Taupe used for contouring.
6. Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal applied on the top of my cheekbones, my temples, the bridge of my nose and my Cupid Bow.
7. Max Factor Cream Puff Blush in Nude Mauve.
I hope you enjoyed this quick fall prelude makeup look. I do find it perfect for this time of the year and I am sure I will wear it a lot in the next few weeks to come.
What look has been your favorite over the last few weeks? Do you subtly introduce some changes once the new season is coming or have you already jumped right into the fall shades? What shades do you like wearing awaiting the fall? As always, I am looking forward to hearing from you in the comments below.
the founder and editor of Her and Makeup.