AGATA | USA | Her and Makeup
1. Mac Phloof- a perfect beige highlighting shade.
2. Mac Sable- my favorite golden bronze shade that looks great on anyone, even when worn on its own.
3. Mac Soft Taupe- it might be my favorite shade of all times- a gorgeous taupe shade with silver shimmer.
4. Urban Decay Riff- a matte warm brown shade with tiny gold speckles, perfect for blending into the crease.
5. Lorac powder eyeshadows- I don’t own single eyeshadows from them but their Pro palettes have the most buttery and soft texture and are extremely easy to work with.
RAE | Canada | the Notice: a beauty blog
Ahh, I can’t choose five!! But if I haaaad to pick a few products… I’m going to go with the Clarins mineral eyeshadows (I am, to say the least,a little bit obsessed with the quads), the old Make Up For Ever 92, and Inglot 420.
And it’s not an eyeshadow, but also I’m going to take a moment here to talk up the Wet ‘n Wild Fergie Eyeshadow Primer, which (when paired with silica powder) is the ONLY thing that lets me wear eyeshadows without getting creasing after 4-5 hours! 😉
ANNE | Germany | Linda, Libra, Loca
These are the ones I think any eyeshadow wearer should own. Color selection based on your complexion, obviously:
1. The blending color, close to your skin tone, preferably matte (my choice: Alverde “Vanilla”)
2. The matte crease color, to define and darken (my choice: MAC “Cross-cultural”)
3. The Wash-of-color, to apply all over the lid and be good to go (my choice: MAC “Satin Taupe”)
4. The every-day duo chrome, to look like you have made an effort (my choice: MAC “Club”)
5. The sparkly night out eyeshadow (my choice: MAC “Dark Indulgence”)
But why limit yourself to just five?
MELISSA | Switzerland | Kiss & Make-up
– MAC Sumptuous Olive
– MAC Deep Truth
– MAC Embark
– Urban Decay Lounge
– Urban Decay Naked 3
JAA | Thailand | Hello Jaa
Oh this is a hard question! But my recommendations are MAC Knight Divine (gorgeous smokey silvery-gray with a hint of brown, MAC Satin Taupe (the “good for everything” color!), MAC Bamboo (perfect crease color for me; it brightens up my eyelid so well!), Burberry Midnight Brown (rich, saturated brown with a lovely, buttery texture), and Urban Decay Buzz (a pretty, shimmery pink from Naked 3).
What are your 5 favorite powder eyeshadows?
the founder and editor of Her and Makeup.