Although my blog has been dormant in the last few months, it certainly does not mean that my makeup obsession has died. Rest assured, it is still there and as strong as ever! I have acquired a lot of things and I have tried a lot of things. However, some of them impressed me more than others and have quickly become my every day staples.
Since I couldn’t quite decide which one product review should debut my comeback, I decided to share with you 5 things that I have been obsessed with lately. 4 of them are beauty related and the 5th one is a little treat for your sweet tooth cravings.
- ItCosmetics Color Correcting Cream. This product has been around for quite a while and other bloggers have loved it forever. For some reason I have not tried it before. But I am so glad I finally did. In the summer time I opt for a lighter coverage but I don’t like sheer products. I still want my base to cover redness and some minor blemishes, yet make my skin look natural and radiant. ItCosmetics CC Cream delivers all that. It also contains an SPF 50 UVA/UVB physical sunscreen. It’s definitely the base product I will be reaching for the most often in the summer months. I use the shade Light.
- Elf Cosmetics Ultimate Blending Brush. I bought this brush on a complete whim, thinking at $6 I have nothing to lose. The first time I used it to apply my foundation I absolutely hated it. The brush soaked up all my foundation and I was getting barely any product on my face. I almost threw that brush in a garbage can in a bout of anger. Then I decided to wash it and see if that would help. And you know what? It did! Now I use this brush every day to apply my liquid foundation or a CC Cream. The brush is very well built, it’s very dense and provides a flawless finish. The dome shape is perfect to get into areas such as under my eyes or around my nose. I will be definitely buying a back up of this brush. I like it much more than a Beauty Blender!
- Bronzing instead of contouring. I have been a fan of light contouring since it has first become a “thing”. If you look back at my posts and any makeup looks, you will notice that I would always use Mac Taupe blush for that purpose and if I didn’t contour I felt like my face was way too round. Recently, I decided to rediscover a few of my bronzers since to me- a bronzer and summer go hand it hand. I also reached to the back of my makeup drawer for a Real Techniques Retractable Bronzer Brush that I bought a few years ago and never used. This brush is amazing. Its head is quite big but the bristles are very soft and they help apply just a perfect amount of a product to my cheeks and my temples. I love a subtle sun-kissed look that a bronzer gives me and that I can pretend that I have tan! My favorite bronzers have been Urban Decay Beached Bronzer in Sun-Kissed, Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil bronzer and Milani Bronzer XL in #02 Fake Tan.
- Mac Cosmetics Boca Lipstick. This lipstick is not a new product. It was part of a LE Julia Petit collaboration and I wrote about it here. When it launched it quickly became my favorite MLBB lipstick. Then I became obsessed with bolder lip colors and I kind of forgot about Boca. In the last few months I have been reaching for a lot of colorful eyeshadows so I needed to find a lip color that would go with pretty much any look. Boca is just that. It’s a perfect nude with a hint of pink. It’s easy to apply, it’s creamy and it lasts good 3-4 hours. I absolutely love it.
- Lastly, not a beauty product but I think all of you will really appreciate this find. Provided you love ice cream (but who doesn’t??). I have been trying to control my diet lately and eat as healthy as I possibly can so I started searching for some yummy low calorie desserts and that’s how I found Halo Top Ice Cream. Halo Top is a maker of healthy ice cream with only 240 calories per pint (For a quick comparison, a pint of Ben&Jerry’s ice cream is about 1000 calories). It’s a low fat, low sugar (sweetened with organic stevia), low carb product but it’s still creamy and tastes like real ice cream. It comes in 5 flavors but Birthday Cake is my favorite. It’s a delicious and guilt free dessert. I buy it at my local Kroger (but due to its popularity sometimes the Birthday Cake flavor is hard to find). I really encourage you to give this delicious treat a go! You can thank me later!
This sums up my latest obsessions. I hope you will give at least some of these products a try and see why I love them so much. Are any of them your favorites already? What have you been obsessed with recently (beauty or non-beauty related)? Can’t wait to hear from you.
the founder and editor of Her and Makeup.