Last Saturday I was invited to my friend’s wedding. I love wedding ceremonies, not only because I love seeing two people commit their lives to each other but also because I get a chance to get really dolled up, wear heels and a fancy dress.
In today’s post I wanted to share with you the outfit, hairstyle and makeup that I wore to that wedding.
I bought the dress about a month before the wedding but completing perfect accessorizes took me a little longer. The wedding ceremony and reception were held at a very fancy hotel so although I normally don’t wear long dresses, I thought it would be more elegant for this type of event. On the day of the wedding I was still at the mall trying to find a bracelet that would match my earrings. Anyways, since the dress was navy blue with silver sparkly waistband, I went for silver accessories.
In terms of makeup, I concentrated on achieving a flawless base, with silver and navy blue eyes, black liner and lots of black mascara. Here are some of the products that I used.
– Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer
– Hourglass Vanish Seamless Finish Foundation Stick in shade Porcelain
– Mac Cosmetics Mineralized Skin Finish in Medium
– Mac Cosmetics Powder Blush in Taupe for contouring
– Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Luminous Blush in Camellia
– Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal (not pictured cause it’s shattered)
– Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray
– Lips- Mac Cosmetics Viva Glam Lipstick Miley Cirus
– Too Faced Pretty Rebel palette- shade Badass
– Nars Cosmetics Hardwired Eyeshadow in Parallax
– Lorac Mega Pro 3 Palette– various shades
– Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in Trooper
– Buxom Lash Waterproof Mascara
For my hair I knew I wanted something romantic and soft and my hair stylist was able to create a perfect hair-do for me. The hair pins are from Charming Charlie.
The shoes and earrings are from DSW. Although I don’t wear heels very often anymore, this pair was very comfortable and I didn’t even have to change into a pair of flats that I brought with me just in case.
The wedding itself was really beautiful and the bride looked absolutely stunning. (Congrats again, Amy and Edwin!) I had a lot of fun and I really enjoyed getting all dressed up for this occasion.
When was the last time you attended a fancy event that you dolled up for? Do you enjoy going to weddings? How do you like my outfit and makeup?
the founder and editor of Her and Makeup.